Sunday, September 30, 2012

MPMF

This past weekend I attended Midpoint Music Festival in Cincinnati.  This was my third year going and it's easily one of my favorite weekends of the year.

2010 Highlight - Seeing the Tom Tom Club at Grammer's.
2011 Highlight - Scoring free VIP passes through work!  Dancing with Bootsy Collins at a pre-party. Pokey LaFarge and the South City Three.  Two Man Gentleman Band with the Brothers G.

2012 Highlight - Ending the three day event dancing at Japps.

There are tons of bands that played and here is a list of what I can remember seeing.

Thursday
Here we go Magic
Andrew Bird
The Brown James
Two Man Gentleman Band
Billy Two Shoes
Lord Huron

Friday
Unknown Mortal Orchestra
Grizzly Bear
Could Nothings
Cin City Burlesque
Dinosaur Jr.
Kansas Bible Company

Saturday
Swear and Shake
The Damn Choir
The Walkmen
The Woods
Holy Ghost Tent Revival
Dirty Bourbon River Show

I know I saw some more whether we popped in for a song or two or caught a band performing on the street before their gig. Either way it was a hell of a weekend in Cincinnati.


No comments:

Post a Comment