Monday, July 28, 2014

Showering Abbey

This Sunday I hosted a Bridal Shower Brunch for Abbey.

 A picture of Abbey and Mike the night before the shower.  We went to Rhinegeist for our friend, Ashley's 30th birthday.
I kept the decorations simple.  Flowers from my parents' garden.





For drinks I had mimosas and a Blood Mary bar.

Over drinks, I asked Abbey questions that Mike answered for me earlier in the week.  Here were 2 of my favorites:


Q. What is your most commonly used phrase?
A. Hmmm? if someone says "That pisses me off!" I always say "It's better to be pissed off then pissed on". Also... I act that part out in the movie "Hook" Where I take my fingers and smush her face around and say " There you are Peter" pretty weird. 

Q. Who is her celebrity crush? Yours?
A. (Hers) Ryan Gosling (Me) Zoey Deshanel and Jessica Simpson.



For games, I downloaded a game of scattergories that went over very well!  At the last minute I picked up a few gifts at Kroger.  These little succulents were 2 for $7.



MENU:
Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
Powdered, glazed and chocolate doughnut holes
Baked ham and cheese sandwiches
Whole wheat penne with butternut squash and goat cheese
Bacon
Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
Fruit


The shower was scheduled from 11am - 1pm and my last guest didn't leave until 3:30 so I'd say it was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment