I went to Forecastle for my 3rd year in a row this past weekend. My first year I went for just 1 day in 2012, last year was a blast and I was looking forward to doing it again.
This year, the festival got turned into a little Bachelorette weekend for my friend, Abbey. We stayed at the Galt House which was a few blocks from the grounds which worked out perfectly! I was in for the whole weekend but there were a few girls that came for just a night or two.
I love live music and was excited to check out some new-to-me bands and some old favorites. Below is a list of everyone we saw. Sometimes we stayed for the whole set, other times we just plopped down and listened to a song or two. Outkast was definitely my favorite show of the entire weekend! I didn't think I'd see a show as good as Beyonce and Jay Z this year but Big Boi and Andre 3000 gave Bey and Jay a run for their money.
| Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings. |
Gary Clark Jur.
Local Natives
Nightmares on Wax
Twenty One pilots
Spoon
OUTKAST!!
| Becca, Julie, Abbey & Kristen. Waiting for the elevator after night 1. |
Spanish Gold
Lord Huron
Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings
Jason Isabel
Kygo
Band of Horses
Dwight Yokam
Jack White
| Abbey, Jenn, Kristen, Becca and Jamie chilling on day 2. We did a lot of lounging on the Mexican blankets! |
Sunday:
Brett Dennen
Trampled by Turtles
Jenny Lewis
Nickel Creek
Tune-Yards
Ray Lamontagne
Beck
I'm already looking forward to next year!!
| The bachelorette. |
Fun Fact:
I puff about lot of good shows I go to but I am an equal opportunity concert goer!
Mr. Louisville came to town last week with a few friends and I tagged along with them to the Def Leppard and KISS concert at Riverbend. It was interesting! I knew 2 songs the entire night. Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Lep and Rock and Roll All Nite by Kiss. But hey! KISS is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. So, there's that.
No comments:
Post a Comment