I went to the Great American Ball Park a few weeks ago to see Beyonce and Jay Z. It was the greatest live concert I've ever been to. And I've been to a lot!! The production was top notch and it was just so high energy and fun. I went with Abbey and we had so much fun dancing the entire time. Luckily, I was able to slip in my flask so sipping bourbon for the duration helped.
| View from our seats. |
2. Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!
I've professed my love of Nordstrom a few times before but this sale hit the spot. I had a delightful time shopping with my mom and was able to find lots of great things. I decided to splurge on a black leather jacket for myself. I'd never wish summer away but I can't wait to wear it!
3. How does your garden grow?
After much success last year pickling jalapenos from my parent's garden I requested kirby cucumbers this year. My mom planted 4 little plants and the cucumbers are growing like wild fire! I tried a few recipes for refrigerator pickles but wasn't too impressed. My mom tried this recipe and they hit the spot so I made some as well. I'm sure I'll be making many more batches before summer's end.
Also, their sunflowers came up and are absolutely stunning. It's so nice to pop over there to get fresh flowers that last a few weeks to keep in my house!
| Care for a pickle? |
4. Charlotte Rose
When I was in San Francisco I popped into a little shop one day to get a gift for my favorite niece. I had to stop myself from getting one of the gorgeous stacking blocks because she's just too young for them yet and I've been on a roll getting her things she loves! Instead I got a little sunni rattle for her. Success!
5. 4th of July
I had a very low-key holiday this year but it was perfect. Spent the day poolside with friends until Mr. L arrived in the late afternoon.
This summer is flying by. Hope you are enjoying yours!
No comments:
Post a Comment