Like I did last year, I thought I'd wrap things up with the same questionnaire.
1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
Buy a home.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions and will you make any for next year?
For 2013 I said I'd like to be less wasteful. Eat more leftovers, recycle, etc.
Well, better late than never! My Rumpke Recycling box literally got dropped off this this week so I'll start recycling now. As far as leftovers go... I'm getting better!
For 2014, and I think I say this every year, I'd like to drink more water!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?My co-worker girlfriend, Laney! She gave big sister Callie a little sister, Sydney.
And of course, My sister!!
| Ryan top left, Molly bottom right and Baby C to the right. |
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Jamie Cusentino. Cuz.
5. What countries did you visit?
I didn't leave the States this year but I went to Houston, Texas to visit the blood center there. Scottsdale, Arizona for a conference. I also went to Chicago for Phish, Norris Lake with some lady friends, Nashville and many trips to Louisville.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?Forever and always, more self confidence.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
December 1, 2013. Charlotte Rose Norman was born.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being promoted to Manager of Mobile Recruitment at Hoxworth Blood Center. January 2, 2014 will also my 6 year anniversary at Hoxworth.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I made a sub par apple crisp and a not-so-good apple cake. Baking failures are the worst!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not at all. The only thing that took me out for a few days was a bad reaction to the whopping cough vaccine.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A house!
12. Where did most of your money go?
The house. Gas getting to Louisville.
13. What did you get really excited about?
MPMF and Forecastle. Getting together with Mara, Andi and Carly over the holiday.
14. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Step by Vampire Weekend.
The Beyonce album.
Get Lucky by Daft Punk.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer?
Always happier, just about the same, definitely poorer.
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Save money, travel, dinner parties.
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Watch television.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve dinner with Mom, Dad and Eli. Delicious shrimp scampi, bread, salad and crab legs.
Christmas day with Mom, Dad, Eli, Molly, Ryan and Charlotte!
A lovely holiday.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Modern Family, Mad Men, Veep.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Valley of the Dolls
State of Wonder
I read so much, I can't even remember...
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Vampire Weekend
The Strokes
Beyonce
Daft Punk
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
I really enjoyed seeing Gravity in 3D.
23. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 28 on the 26th of January and went to Nada for dinner then Jerzees for the Turkeys.
Too. Much. Tequila. Was too hungover to enjoy the UK game on my actual birthday and had to leave Wise Guys.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I'm not sure that anything could.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
It's getting there.
26. What kept you sane?
Evening bike rides.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Never chase love, affection or attention. If it isn't given freely by another person it isn't worth having.
One of things I like most about you, is that you are ultimately honest about everything. Another of your attributes is that you learn from life's lessons.
ReplyDeleteAll in all, you're pretty wonderful.
Just ask Michael Berry.