Monday, January 27, 2014

Mexico, a timeline!

Mr. Louisville invited me to accompany him to a wedding in Mexico for 6 nights.  I said hell yes!

Saturday
We have separate flights to Mexico but I arrive just in time to join him and his friends, S&L, in line at customs.
We arrive at Hacienda Corazon a few hours later!
Cocktails are had and we settle into our room.
The bride and groom arrive shortly after that and we have a cocktail and appetizer party before dinner.
A delicious late dinner and then sleep!

Sunday
Breakfast is made for us.
We take the kayaks out to some Mayan ruins about 20 minutes away and swim in the lagoon.


Afterwards, we head to town for lunch at The Pub.
The welcome reception is that evening at the Omni Hotel.  Appetizers and drinks on the beach followed by a delicious dinner.

Monday
It's wedding day!!
We hang by the pool for a bit and the girls go to town for lunch while the boys hang out with the groom.
A beautiful ceremony.


Followed by coconut drinks, cocktails, appetizers and a mariachi band!





Dinner is served in the Hacienda Corazon courtyard.


ML and his Beta buddies sang their Beta sweetheart song to the bride.



Dancing!  Tequila shots!  More dancing!  Late night tacos, tamales and churros!



Tuesday
An amazing brunch spread was much needed and had!
Later, a group of us go to Dos Ojos Cenote and snorkele.  My first time!



It was so chilly we all return to the Haciendas and take hot showers before another delicious dinner followed by drinks by the pool.

Wednesday
A great day!  I sleep in and skip breakfast opting for margaritas instead.  We hang out by the pool, drink, swim in the ocean, some folks go kayaking...  It was a perfect day.

The Beta boys: Scott, Wes, ML, Sean






That evening a group of us go to a Hartwood restaurant in Tulum.  I eat octopus for the first time and love it!  The restaurant was about an hour drive away (or an hour and a half if you're name is Ernesto!) so we play trivia games and solve riddles to pass the time.
Back to the Haciendas for nightcaps by the pool.

Thursday
aka Mr. L'ville and Laura adventure day!

Coba ruins.




We race to the top!  I lost.

Followed by an outstanding local lunch at a place recommended by Memo.  Best ceviche ever!

Next, Tulum ruins and beach!  This beach is my favorite. The water was perfect and the waves were bouncy.  Beautiful.




Back to the Hacienda for a final dinner and games with the bride and groom's family.

Friday
A driver picks us up bright and early to head to the airport. I'm wondering when I'll get to go back. 

1 comment: