Monday, December 7, 2015

Portland, another timeline!

I've been to Portland once before but since M earned a Companion Pass with Southwest Airlines I'll be tagging along on every trip I can!  He was going for work and I was going for play.  My favorite kind of trip!

Friday
We arrived in Portland around 3pm and headed straight to our hotel to check in and get settled.
Our friends met us downtown at the Oregon Historical Society and we perused the WWII exhibit. Casual Friday night, you know?

Feel high winds for 2 dollars!
Followed by drinks and addictive popcorn (prepared with tōgarashi, honey and butter) at Clyde Common and dinner at Sauce Box.

Saturday
I took myself to brunch at Mother's and it was packed!  I was able to snag a spot at the bar and enjoy the most delicious brunch.  A perfectly fluffy omelet with thick, crisp bacon, caramelized onions and swiss cheese.  A classic combination but so perfect.

Later I walked to the Portland Saturday Market and resisted the urge to buy anything.
I took a walk around the city up to the University and into Canoe (needed everything!).
A trip to the Portland Art Museum capped off my day.  LOVED this museum.

Inside the Kenny Scharf: Cosmic Cavern exhibit.
David Hockney, a favorite of mine.
That night we dined at Andina  for a delicious Peruvian experience.
Capped the night off with drinks at our hotel bar.

Sunday
I began with a breakfast sandwich from Brunch Box.  I went with the Black & Bleu on wheat with bacon, sausage, grilled onions, a fried egg, blackening spice, blue cheese and mushrooms. A little lot decadent but I was planning to work it all off.  (Fun fact: M ate at Brunch Box 3 times this trip!)

My ready to explore outfit!
From there I picked up a bike at Cycle Portland and hit the town!  So fun exploring.

View from down the trail along the river.  Nice escape from the city.

Stopped off at Bushwacker Cider for some beer samples and then went to Cascade Brewing for a few more samples and some chili.
After all that bike riding in the cold I needed a doughnut so I braved the line at Voodoo and picked up some goods!

I decided to crop out the 30 people in line ahead of me.

Blueberry cake, a cream-filled delight and maple bacon.
Sushi for supper at masu and night caps, again, at our hotel bar.

Monday
Lunch with some actuaries at Imperial.  I flipped out when I saw Doug Adams in the kitchen cooking!  I'm a huge Top Chef fan. :)
After a little rest we Ubered to the Clarks for some hang time.

Entertaining the babe.
We picked up some groceries at Whole Foods and proceeded to make Cincinnati Chili with all the fixin's.  This recipe from Saveur is so legit.  Highly recommend!!


Tuesday
Slept late then scooted off to lunch at Tasty N Alder.  We split a steak sandwich, bim bop bacon and eggs and baked beans.  Possibly my favorite meal of the trip.  A very unexpected and delicious experience.

Until next time, Portland!

No comments:

Post a Comment