It's happened... I've moved out of the apartment I enjoyed for 4 and a half years and into my very first house! Here are some highlights:
1. I hired movers I found off Craigslist. Two dudes had all my stuff moved into my house in less than two hours. I had plenty of friends offer but I felt like hiring movers was 150 dollars well spent!
2. I bought a house, but I'm homeless. Due to some hold-ups with the appraisal and bank folks I haven't closed on my house yet. The seller is super cool and let me move in but I am technically not suppose to reside here. Although, I've gone ahead and switched all the utilities to my name so I don't feel bad about it. Shhh... don't tell my realtor. Hope to close tomorrow!
3. I've been dealing with a lot of folks from utility companies, appliance stores, handymen. I've been told many times that my "husband" can take care of that. Or to just "ask my landlord." Or whether or not I'd like to add anyone else to my accounts. Nope. (A la KRay's grumpy cat mug.)
4. I hope to become a DIYer. Mostly, I have been finding projects and my daddy-o takes care of it. Like this bitchin' table that he built for me. Though, I picked the wood and finish for my version. (I'm also shamelessly stealing their idea to thrift 8 mix-matched chairs and paint them all the same color. Maybe peach!) I hope to tackle some other projects myself thanks to good ol' Pinterest.
5. I won the insight cable lottery! Cable, extra chanels (including Bravo), Showtime, HBO, wireless internet, a DVR box and an extra box for the tv in the guest bedroom. All for under 100 bucks a month. That's hella cheap, yo. Still a bit of a luxury but it's winter and too cold to be spending time outside anyway.
6. Speaking of outside. Julie came over for a bit to check out my place. It's still a bit of a hot mess but when I showed her my backyard she said:
"Oh, it's big! You could play volleyball back here... or badminton!!"
So I totally want to set up badminton now. No corn-hole for this gal.
Hope to post some pictures of my new home soon for my friend, Carly to see!
Ahhh I need to plan a trip home so I can see your house! I'm so jealous you can do fun DIY things with furniture. Some day I'll be there. Cheers to BRAVO!!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I hate cornhole too. Duh.
ReplyDelete