Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Eating salads

Have you been to the gym yet this new year?  It is bonkers.  I have decided to lay off the gym for the month of January and focus on eating well, drinking less alcohol and more water and trying some new healthy recipes.  Until the loads of new folks give up on their resolutions.

I made this avocado salad with carrot-ginger dressing and it was flipping delicious. 

One of my 2013 resolutions is to be less wasteful when I cook which means trying to eat more leftovers (which I'm really not a fan of).  However, this quinoa salad with black beans, avocado and cumin-lime dressing is so good.  So easy to pack for my lunch with a side of tortilla chips.

Finally, I'm slightly addicted to Chipotle so I make my own spin on my favorite salad there.  A bed of romaine lettuce with sauteed peppers and onions, this awesome salsa, this addicting corn salsa with a little sour cream.  I wish I could find a good recipe for Chipotle's hot salsa and then my life would be complete.

2 comments:

  1. You are a much better blogger than I. I promise, I'll get it back together soon.

    The gym is cray right now. Last week was calm, but this week all the resolutioners came out. That avocado salad looks good! Did you get her cookbook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I check your blog everyday. Everyday! And everyday I am disappointed. ;)

      The avocado salad was amazing. I had leftover dressing that I saved and used on a bunch of spinach for lunch and it's just as delicious.

      I did get her book for xmas. I love it!! I've made her mushroom bourguignon (after I saw it on your blog) and the blueberry cornmeal cake so far. I've made a ton of recipes from her site though. So consistently good.

      Delete