Sunday, February 14, 2016

A kind of Vancouver Timeline

I've been to Vancouver only once before so I jumped at the chance to tag along with Mr. Louisville.

My thoughts below broken down by my two favorite things; shopping and food!  Unfortunately with the rain there wasn't much else I could do so enjoy my kinda sorta timeline below.

Shopping was great!  The exchange rate is the lowest it's been in years!!  I love a well-curated boutique and there were plenty to behold in the Gas Lamp District.  I didn't have much luck though. Mr. Louisville gave me the credit card to do some shopping for a birthday gift and I couldn't find much.  I only scored a few tops at Topshop and some makeup at Sephora I'd been wanting.

LOVED all the home decor here.








Food was overall, not so good.  We stopped at Buck's American Cafe on the way from the airport into Vancouver.  It was fine.

At Flying Pig for dinner the waiter mistook my salmon order for the sable fish but I didn't care much to complain.  Verdict: Sable fish is kinda blubbery.

I was excited for a solo ramen lunch on the rainiest day at Gyoza Bar but it was inedible. Sad.

Fun part was watching the line cooks.

Gross.


Bauhaus group dinner was some very serious German eats - I enjoyed my Chilean Sea Bass with horseradish foam very much.  The food was good but I wasn't really in the mood for a three hour dinner because the kitchen plates every dish with tweezers.



Lunch and beers at Steamworks Brew Pub was good.  The service was great and I enjoyed my buffalo chicken wrap with kale.  Pretty basic though.



Our last night was redemption, food-wise.  I read great things about Joey Burrard so that was it.  I'd describe it as a cheaper and more imaginative Jeff Ruby's.  Super cool atmosphere, moderately priced with lots of options. I personally tried wings, salad, sushi, steak and a fun play on potatoes with veggies and everything was excellent.  Perfect end of the trip.




xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment