The evening was perfect. We grabbed a drink beforehand at Magnolia Bar (known to the locals as Mag Bar) and then it was off for our 7:30p.m. reservation.
The dining room was small and cozy.
We each opted for the 6 course prix fixe menu over the 4 course and whenever there was an option of 2 things we ordered 1 of each so we could try everything.
Because it was a special night I even sprung for the wine pairings! I loved our waiter for the generous pours and messing up on a course resulting in 2 glasses of champagne instead of 1. Score!
Chef Ed Lee came out of the kitchen and greeted a few tables. I wish I would've gotten a picture but I kept quiet. It was still cool to see him since I'm a huge Top Chef fan.
Chef Ed Lee came out of the kitchen and greeted a few tables. I wish I would've gotten a picture but I kept quiet. It was still cool to see him since I'm a huge Top Chef fan.
It was one of the longest dinners I ever had. We were there for about 2.5 hours but it felt relaxed and fun.
The meal was excellent. All small plates, intricate, delicious. I asked the waiter for a copy of the menu to have it framed because I imagine it will probably be the only time we go since the bill was around $350 for two people!
I'll spare you every last garnish but here was the gist of it. Oh! And excuse my poor iPhone photos, I felt nerdy enough trying to take a picture of every course!
To start
//610 BLT
First Course
// Bison Rib-eye Carpaccio
// Bison Rib-eye Carpaccio
Second Course
// Duck Confit and Foie Gras Ravioli
// Surf & Turf: Veal Sweetbreads, lobster mushrooms, grits, mustard seeds
Third Course
// Buttermilk Panna Cotta, Fennel, Pickled Grapes, Celery, Red Wine, Orange Pumpkin, Smoked Greens, Country Ham
This course was the salad and you were meant to take a little panna cotta in with every bite, like a dressing.
// Buttermilk Panna Cotta, Fennel, Pickled Grapes, Celery, Red Wine, Orange Pumpkin, Smoked Greens, Country Ham
This course was the salad and you were meant to take a little panna cotta in with every bite, like a dressing.
Fourth Course
// Diver Scallops, Butternut Gnocchi
// Diver Scallops, Butternut Gnocchi
// King Crab, Cashew, Banana, Mango, Coconut, Cilantro and Mint
Fifth Course
// Seared Duck Breast
// Beef Rib Eye
Sixth Course
// American Artisan Cheese Duo
// Three Chocolates, Saison-Orange Ice Cream
This was the only course we didn't 'split! I want all the cheese all the time!!
This was the only course we didn't 'split! I want all the cheese all the time!!
To finish
Chocolate Truffles
These truffles left quite a last impression!! They were minty and fresh and smooth. The perfect last bite.
Overall, I was seriously impressed and so fortunate that Mr. Louisville was up for splurging on a most excellent experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment