Sunday, November 9, 2014

Read, Watch, Eat: Volume 2

Read
I pre-ordered Lena Dunham's book, Not That Kind of Girl, and I'm liking it.  Like, not love.  I haven't devoured it like I thought I would but her essays are interesting.  Very much like her tv show, GIRLS, I can't stop but it's nothing I'd re-watch or re-read.



Watch
I don't subscribe to any cable service, I'm a Netflix and Hulu gal.  So, I'm throwing things back to one of my favorite tv shows of all time. Gilmore Girls!  I'm currently on a casual binge of the entire series.  It is so witty and fun!  The best part about watching it for the second time through (aside from no commercials!) is discovering some guest stars.

Like Jon Hamm.  Helllloooo, Mad Men!  Another series that I've watched twice.



And Nick Offerman aka RON SWANSON of Parks and Rec fame.


Eat
I hit up Kenwood with my sister and her bebe today and we stopped by Maggiano's for lunch.  This was the first time going somewhere nice to eat with Charlotte.  It was... different. Bebe was great but it was a tiny bit hectic. Related: I tipped 30%.

Gratuitous pic of Bebe and me!
Anyway, we restrained ourselves today but we love love love their fried zucchini.  It's so good! I make a version for myself in the summer when fresh zucchini is aplenty so yeah, it's a favorite.  So, I was excited to try Trader Joe's Zucchini Fries.  Verdict: I was impressed!  I kept them in the oven a bit longer to ensure optimal crisp and ate them with my favorite go-to marinara. I'll be adding it to my TJ list!


No comments:

Post a Comment