I've done it. I've perfected my chocolate chip cookie recipe. Chocolate chip cookies can be very personal. I've heard some people say they like their cookies burnt, some like them with nuts, others may be partial to soft baked. But my favorite is nice and flat, crisp on the edges, chewy and a little soft in the middle, with semi-sweet chocolate chips and a sprinkling of salt. The salt makes these taste so grown-up and perfect.
I used the recipe from Back in the Day Bakery that a friend gave me a while back and have been tweaking things ever so slightly until I got it just right. I made a batch for zombie club and they were devoured, I took some to work and they literally disappeared. I had friends over this past Friday for a UK game and I believe everyone had at least two... or three! Have I convinced you to make these yet?
Laura's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Back in the Day Bakery
Ingredients
2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 lb. butter (2 sticks) at room temp
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs at room temp
1 12 ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
Coarse sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 and move the rack to the lower third of the oven. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
Sift together the flour, baking soda and kosher salt.
In a stand mixer cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar for about 3-5 minutes.
Add eggs 1 at a time and mix for just about 30 seconds.
Turn the speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture.
Sprinkle in the bag of chocolate chips.
Use a mini ice cream scooper to form heaping rounds of dough and place on the cookie sheet about 2 inches a part. Warning! These cookies spread out pretty significantly so make sure to give them enough room.
Pat the cookies lightly with your hand to flatten them out a bit and sprinkle each one with a little sea salt.
Bake the cookies for 13-16 minutes. The cookies should be golden brown around the edges but still light in the center.
Remove from oven and using a spatula, transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Repeat this process until you've used all your dough. By the time the next batch comes out of the oven your cookies should cool enough to stack up off to the side to make room.
ENJOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment