Sunday, December 9, 2012

Life Changes

Whatch out, folks!  Lot's of life changes going on around here.  Well, namely just two.

1.  I quit smoking!  I've smoked cigarettes on and off for about 10 years or so.  There were periods where I would smoke a ton (college) and others where I would just smoke when I drank.  Anyway, I went to a show at Eli's BBQ on Nov. 19 and a jug of moonshine was being passed around.  I took a big slug and was never the same.  I woke up the next morning and decided then and there to quit.  And I did.

2.  I bought a house!  Crazy.  I am deciding to down play the whole situation by saying that I'm moving just 4 blocks from where I live now.  I am tripling the amount of space I have and my rent is going up a bit.  But I'll own it!  I keep having moments of excitement and others of terror. 

- I am most looking forward to HAVING PARTIES!  I can't have many folks over my current 700 sq. ft. apartment so I've been anxious to have a place where I can entertain. 
- I'm probably the most nervous trying to think about how in the hell I'll fill all the space!
- I am mostly lamenting the loss of my current apartment.  I love it and it will be strange to leave.  But it's time to move on.

720 Washington.  My new abode.

1 comment: