Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Southgate House

One of the reasons I love living in Newport is because of the Southgate House.  It's one of the best places to see live music and I can walk there.
The venue closed it's doors January 1, 2012 and reopened a few months later with new Management as the Thompson House.  Apparently there was some family drama.  I have yet to go since it's changed but here are some of my highlights when it was the Southgate House:
  • Newbees recording their live CD with the Turkeys on the Eve before Thanksgiving
  • Rivertown Breakdown
  • Rusted Root
  • Toubab Krewe
  • Tillers, Seedy Seeds and Newbees 3 day binge the week they were closing
  • SO MANY MORE!

Former Southgate House... now it's the Thompson House

Southgate House Revival
Now, after nearly a year of waiting the Southgate House opened up in some new digs and it happens to be closer than the old location!  It's grand.  I love it.  I've already been to a handful of shows and can't wait for more.  My only problem is deciding if I should call it the Revival or the Southgate House or the Southgate House Revival. 
  • Hot Buttered Rum
    • Hickory Robot
  • Tillers CD Release (for the CD they recorded during the last week the old location was open)
  • James McMurtry

Now, on the eve before Thanksgiving the Newbees will be playing a CD release party with the Turkeys. Full circle, my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment